Practical Sportsbike Trackday, Cadwell Park.



You know how it goes, it’s the Practical Sportsbike trackday at Cadwell Park, it’s on my calendar in the shed, it’s a lovely early autumn day, i have a leisurely breakfast, walk the dogs, sit in the warm sunshine drinking tea and trying to decide if I should do some domestics or drag a bike out of the shed and get my lazy arse out there. Thirty minutes later, showered, shaved, sandwich made courtesy of Mrs B and I’m on my way on the 790, fuel up at the Lion Garage and a ‘brisk’ ride sees me despatch the hundred miles in a little under 90 minutes. I get passed in a thirty limit by a toss-pot on a Speed Triple who gives me a ‘friendly’ wave, I resist the urge to rise to the bait and maintain my thirty miles per hour, giving the KTM it’s head as I exit the village, ‘lard boy’ is in my sights, I catch him easily and pass him and he soon disappears from my mirror.
   Horncastle, home of the second best chippy in the world and I get passed again by ‘lard boy’ who this time decides to give it the ‘English Archers’ as he burns past me at 80+ in a thirty. Out of Horncastle and i catch and pass him again, the twat is actually ‘leg dangling’ in a moto gp stylee for fucks sake! As I park up matey pulls up at the side of me and attempts a clumsy high five which I ignore. He still doesn’t get the message as I take off my helmet and he attempts to engage me in conversation. ‘That was fun’ I stow my gloves in my Arai, drop my day sack on the floor, ‘I said, that was fun’ matey still doesn’t get it, he’s grinning like a Cheshire Cat, his hand extended to receive a high-five even after his last failed attempt. Summoning all my willpower not to spark him out I lock my bike and go in search of a brew instead, there’s some class machinery here and the lads out on track are setting a blistering pace, a very pleasant afternoon wandering around the pits, chatting to like minded people, a great early evening ride home and trying to dismiss the craving for a Suzuki TLR thousand................

Comments

  1. TLR lovely sure Mrs B won't mind

    ReplyDelete
  2. Behave Jules! I’m on my last warning now? How was the road trip? No American trip this year for us, Jess and her husband are off to Texas for a road trip, Jack is off to Abu Dhaby, Mrs B and me and the dogs are off to Wales with the dogs! We lost my boy Gus due to cancer. Hardest thing I’ve ever done, he died in my arms. Jess got involved with a rescue dog, Parsons Jack Russell cross, we ended up with him, badly drawn dog! Anyhoo, back to bikes, yes, TLR, love one but value my marriage more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. TLR, TLR, TLR! I have some photos of a TLR hillclimber, that I need to send you, that might not help Tim.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts