another perfectly good motorcycle ruined.......

Wednesday, 12 January 2011

like a real life version of one of ozuma kaname's paintings, that's a whole lot of work going on, respect due.
the dangerous bonneville project is coming together really well, everything seems to be slipping into place and hopefully, if the tyres turn up at kev's, we should have a roller by the weekend, well, that's jinxed it then.....if you sort of squint at this classic photo you should have an idea of what we are aiming for in the look's department, the engine already has some nice mod's, a belt primary drive, morgo oil pump and an electronic ignition, that's it tuning wise and dangerous is going for performance through lightening parts instead of compromising reliability and going overboard tuning the motor.
me and dangerous are merciless when it comes to critiquing each other's bikes, his bonny came with some home made sidepanels, someone had made a nice job of them, brazed and rivetted mounting brackets, powdercoated gloss black and edged with vinyl, but, they were, well a bit bland so i took them off and chucked them in the bin when he'd gone home one night, next night he wasn't amused and i tried to talk him into running the bike with no sidepanels but he wasn't having any of it, he ordered a set of repo 'glass items from shropshire motorcycles and they turned up today, must admit the old nob was right, they look pretty good, [just don't tell him i said it]
    spent my dinner hour down at my local fastener emporium, wanted to stock up with a load of stainless fasteners for the sporty and bonneville projects, after my experience paying well over the odd's for my unc/unf nuts and bolts at the newark 'jumble it was great to get a load of different buttons, hex heads, and socket heads in a range of different sizes along with nylock nuts, washers and repair washers, i always give the lad behind the counter a drink and he looks after me when i go in for supplies, certainly better than getting your pants pulled down at the 'jumbles or shows for sure, drilled a piece of stainless round stock out and cut it in half and faced it up to make a thick washer for the bottom shock mounting tonight, hand filed the markings from the bolt heads and polished them up with some wet and dry, this is where the time goes but all the little details make the difference to me, a lot of people wouldn't even notice but i just have to do it.........