spent my dinner hour down at my local fastener emporium, wanted to stock up with a load of stainless fasteners for the sporty and bonneville projects, after my experience paying well over the odd's for my unc/unf nuts and bolts at the newark 'jumble it was great to get a load of different buttons, hex heads, and socket heads in a range of different sizes along with nylock nuts, washers and repair washers, i always give the lad behind the counter a drink and he looks after me when i go in for supplies, certainly better than getting your pants pulled down at the 'jumbles or shows for sure, drilled a piece of stainless round stock out and cut it in half and faced it up to make a thick washer for the bottom shock mounting tonight, hand filed the markings from the bolt heads and polished them up with some wet and dry, this is where the time goes but all the little details make the difference to me, a lot of people wouldn't even notice but i just have to do it.........

Comments

Popular Posts