the clock's going forward by an hour seriously threw my day out today, i was going to do wonder's today, but, well, fuck it, it's officially spring and the weather is warm and dry, only one thing to do then, i forsake my usual backroad's meander and 'profile' through the city centre, i remember barse posting on the abk blog about the joy's of splitting lanes through town and you know, he was right, as i make my way through my old stomping ground of alvaston where i was born and bred i've got jimi's 'crosstown traffic' rolling around in my swede, as i pass through allenton i spot a real life superhero, this geezer is the best part of eighteen stones, and he's patrolling the shopping area wearing grey jogger bottoms, para boot's, yellow cap sleeve t-shirt and, and i kid you not, a red cape, weird is alive and well and living in the inner city of derby, i pull up outside roadhouse tattoo's and park next to cosmo's sporty, no big twin's here today, must be on the chilly side for the bro's, helmet off, kettle on and time to catch up with the legend, or ben jones as he's known to his nearest and dearest, 'ey up ben, not going for a ride this afto then?' [ben's paintwork isn't back yet], 'ey up cunt, not racing then?' he retorts sharper than a very sharp thing, knowing my plight with the missing propulsion unit, one all then bastard, ben's laying down a nice koi carp backpiece, when your'e not on the receiving end of the 'treatment' you can sit back and watch in awe at the technique, fucking hell, i can't even draw a stick-man, but to watch an artist like ben laying down some serious ink is humbling.........................................




Comments

  1. Just like me mate, I can watch anybody doing anything well and get a buzz from it, saw a young kid mopping the forecourt at my local servo the other night, but mopping the way a sailor would on deck, style, method, logic, rhythm, just doing the job properly, tried to tell him but I think he missed my point, silly bugger. Enjoy your week Lovey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ayup mate thanks for the new stickers ya left on my car today.. blind as a bat i never noticed note stuck to my windscreen and just drove off as normal lol. i`ll be sticking them on very soon. Thanks for the heads up with the new number and info i`ll be keeping an eye out for ya but with out the falling off at a race track near you hey :) good luck mate see you soon. Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ey up sue, thank's for that, your car is the coolest motor around here, big up for the #58 marco, the #46 and the guy martin sticker's, be honoured for you to rock the #13 loveless sticker's! x

      Delete
  3. Hey mate thanks for the comment about my car made my day :) hope your feeling better, those stickers will be on my car shortly i`m half way trying to get your old one off stuck like bloody glue lol ..and she needs a good wash feel ashamed of the state she`s in :(. you`ll have to give me dates of when and where your racing you never know i might just appear :)
    take it steady by safe
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ey up sue, sorry your's struggling with the old sticker's, just stick the new one's straight over the top of the old one's, [no-one will ever notice!]i deffo won't be out at mallory this weekend, [supposed to be racing this sunday] my engines not back yet, but, what do you expect? i only took it to the tuner a fortnight before xmas, yeah, i know, it's all about me! i'm going up to sort it out tomorrow and hopefully i can give you some dates of when i'm out, be great if you could make it to a meeting, the kettle's never cold! tim x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts