.......so i'm off after matey on the bonneville, he starts to pull away from me down the straight but i'm tucked in and catch him on the esses, he is fighting the big triumph and it's weaving under braking, i drop down a gear and pass him but have to drop another gear mid-corner to give me the speed up the rise to the hairpin, we are side by side into the hairpin but i keep the inside line and the little 'zed turns in tight, i accelerate into the devils elbow and miss a gear, the revs are ridiculously high and i think about my engine turning into an improvised explosive device, my fingers wrap around the clutch a little more, to be honest i haven't taken my fingers off the clutch lever yet, and thinking about it in hindsight i still ride my four-strokes like this, must be a legacy of the seizures on my rd400's, bonny-boy passes me down the main straight but he's not pulling away as i get in his slipstream, into gerrads again and i make up more ground, into the esses and i hold the outside line he starts to brake and his bike sits up, he desperatley tries to scrub some speed off mid corner, i'm in too deep myself and have to feather the brake mid corner, bonny-boy loses the fight and heads onto the grass the bike bucking and weaving as he tries to keep it upright, i do another lap and as i approach the shaws hairpin again bonny-boy is re-joining the track, i pull over to let him back on and his side panel flicks up into the air and almost hits me on the head!, he must have knocked it with his knee when he was fighting his bike, the rest of the session goes in a flash, a couple of the 350 manxes and a 7r frighten me to death as they roar past me at twice the speed i'm going and the chequered flag comes out, i ride back into the pits, and my mouth is as dry as ghandi's flip-flop, i'm deaf and my head feels like it going to explode, the adrenaline is unbelievable, dangerous is shouting something at me but i don't comprehend and he gives up and just gives me a thumbs-up, i get off the bike and dangerous has the paddock stand under it in a flash........

Comments

Popular Posts