another perfectly good motorcycle ruined.......

Thursday, 10 June 2010


got a piece of close-cell neoprene rubber for a seat pad, cut out a cardboard pattern for the basic shape and traced it onto the neoprene, cut out with a modelling knife and this is about halfay through shaping up with some fine wet and dry, that's the good thing about neoprene, you can sand it to a decent finish, i tried to drill through it for the mounting holes but it's just too soft so i just cut around them, you can get an off-cut from a gasket manufacturer for a couple of quid, it's close-cell construction won't soak up water and it's relatively hard wearing so you don't have to muck about making a seat cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment