King of the Baggers





https://youtu.be/BOFDCnA7zb8
So, the season of fruitful mellowness descends on us once again, the clocks have gone back, it’s getting dark at five in the afternoon, the leaves are falling from the trees and we continue to lurch into civil disobedience, lockdowns loom on the horizon, [too late for Wales, it’s ok to buy a bottle of vodka but you can’t purchase a birthday card as it’s a ‘non-essential item’] but anyway onto more important matters.
As the blogosphere disappears at an alarming rate to be replaced by TikTok videos of narcissistic morons singing on the toilet, throwing children over the sofa and licking food in Walmart I must admit to trawling YouTube for entertainment. One of the channels I’ve subscribed to is MotoAmerica, it’s a bit like BSB with similar support classes, 600 Supersport, LiquiMoly Talent Cup, etc, some hard and fast racing from iconic tracks, even before lockdown there wasn’t the same crowds as BSB but some good racing nevertheless. 
When the idea of racing ‘baggers’ was muted I must admit to being down with it straight away, I mean what could be more improbable than the thought of massoof overweight Harley and Indian lard arse touring bikes being ragged mercilessly around a track especially as the rules allow turbo charging, wheel, brake, suspension and fork changes? A true ‘silhouette’ class, [harking back to the ‘original’ AMA Superbikes] so long as it looks ‘standard’ you’re good to go. 
So, I’ve been looking forward to the inaugural ‘King of the Baggers’ race for some time and been following the Vance and Hines Harley build and the Roland Sands Indian bike builds with interest, throw in the Indian Factory bikes and the amazing Trask turbocharged bikes and some very talented riders and I wasn’t disappointed with the race! I’ve posted a link to the full race, I really hope this takes off, it’s the most innovative thing I’ve seen for years and hugely entertaining. Kudos to the riders, anyone who can wrestle one of these monsters around Laguna Seca’s corkscrew has massive cojones......

Comments

  1. It's such a good idea, I think Ben Bostrum was racing, truly epic!, (got a soft spot for baggers)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I agree, apparently it was the biggest ever viewer figures for MotoAmerica! I can’t see me ever owning a bagger but I had one when I was in California and thought it was great, I like having the carrying capabilities and it’s so much easier to just pop you’re stuff into the bags than trying to bungee stuff onto the passenger seat!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts