Antivist [Motorcycle Live teil drei]





For me the big winners at the show were the more ‘niche’ brands, the CCM stand was particularly brilliant especially featuring a full size, genuine Spitfire fighter plane. I really like what they are trying to do and the bikes are built to a high standard, not too keen on the ‘Foggy’ thing but everything else hit the mark. I must admit to feeling myself go a little giddy when I saw the MV Dragster RR, just beautiful and I’m hoping that they can sort out the very limited dealer network as the world deserves these slices of Italian exotica.
   The Krazy Horse stand never fails to disappoint, everything from hard tail panhead customs to Paton race bikes, I particularly liked the Indian flat track inspired customs, talking of which I reckon the Indian marque is building far more interesting bikes than Harley Davidson, just saying.
     And then there’s the Suzuki two-stroke, as I stood looking at it and soaking up the details I notice an old bloke [well older than me anyhoo] doing the same, I nod in acknowledgment and he looks at me straight in the eye ‘Ernst Degner was a traitor’ he says and walks away, whoah deep...........

Comments

  1. I agree aboot CCM, looks they're enjoying themselves, they had Dougie Lampkin there, standing on a box chatting, as I fought through the crowds. What engines do the MVs use now, is it still GSXRs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, the CCM’s do look a quality motorcycle, I wasn’t aware that MV used Suzuki engines Jan, I thought they were all made in Varese, I can remember that Cagiva were involved at one point and that Ferrari offered assistance in the design but I’ve never heard about a Suzuki/MV collaboration before, I’ll have to do some digging to find out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe I'm confused, it does happen, a lot.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts