15-51 was my number, [with apologies to Toots]

 Seething. Absolutely bloody seething. After a tip off from Agent Julian in the Netherlands that a copy of Jan Leek’s book ‘MZ-The Racers’ had been listed on a ‘well known internet auction site that you should actively avoid when drunk’ I of course stuck in a massive bid to win the holy grail of East German race bike literature. I sat chuckling to myself that I was going to get this book at last, I watched the seconds ticking down safe in the knowledge that It was the early hours of the morning and that no-one else in the world could possibly be interested in this old tat. ‘Down to the cellar Mrs b and fetch me a bottle of Chateau Margaux 2004 and don’t bloody cork it!’ 9 seconds, 8, 7, 6, bloody fucking hell! Outbid by £3, no worries, I have a bid ready to go on my phone just in case, a leisurely sip of the aforementioned classic red, ‘ hmm Mrs b, what a fabulous and exciting wine this is, the nose is simply beautiful- ripe, fine, sweet elegant and powerful with huge potential, the palate is expansive and multi-faceted, almost as good as the vintage Latour....’ I casually press the button with two seconds to go, bollocks, outbid by £40! ‘Let the dog oot and turn the lights out ye lavvy heided wankstain, im off to ma bed’ ..............

Comments

  1. Sneaky sneaky Ebay fecking snipers, its just not cricket!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wotcha Jan, thinking more trader than mz fanboy, just spying a profit as the book is spiralling towards two hundred quid a copy, I’ve seen it in the flesh, it’s a thin bloody paperback, not a lot of content that’s not already available out there on the ‘tinterweb, I offered a twat £100 for a copy at Stafford ten years ago and he refused to sell it to me because ‘it had the potential to go stratospheric’

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just re-read this and I’m horrified, I meant the bloke selling it is the trader looking to cash in, I’m the mz fanboy who needs this in my collection, note to self, shut the fuck up and don’t post after consuming a fine red......

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts