The world is a very different place to when I last posted anything on the loveless blog, almost two years have passed since I sacked off the blog. I didn’t so much run out of steam but rather just got sick of all the ‘look at me’ rubbish being posted on a lot of the blogs, furthering ones ‘personal profile’ holds no interest to me, like my whole instagram experiment which at the time was being lauded as the way forward I just found it really tedious, gaining likes and ‘followers’ never really appealed. for me the blogger format was the equivalent of a punk fanzine, a way to share ideas and builds with like minded people but then economics entered the fray and all of a sudden it became about shifting ‘merch’ and gaining social standing instead.
I think that when big business gets involved with any venture it’s time to check out, all credibility is lost as soon as pound/dollar/yen or any other currency you care to mention appears on the horizon. 
As soon as you get a monthly magazine extolling the ‘handcrafted retro-style custom,cafe racers, scramblers, trackers, brat-trackers or bobbers’ you know it’s all over. I found myself reading and re-reading the ‘built’ magazine blurb and just asking why? ‘It’s for riders who like to be different. you can ride in gangs, hang out in bike shops or mingle with the crowds at big events, but motorcycling is fundamentally an individual thing, it’s about you, your bike and the road.’ So, you’re that much of an individual that you need to subscribe to a magazine to check out the listings and events pages to see what’s cool and where to be seen? give me strength...........

Comments

  1. I'm glad to see your back on here, I always used to enjoy reading your blog. I've not been on mine for a while, being a parent is somewhat all consuming. If you want any engine oil for your ktm let me know, I've got some un opened 1 litre bottle's of Motorex from when i had my 690 duke, free to a good home if you can use em.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wotcha Spud, thanks for your offer, I’ve got rid of both 690’s now, the Duke and the supermoto but just bought a 790 Duke, I’ll see if the oil is the same grade and let you know, have you still got the Scrambler? Did you finish the vee dub project too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah still got the scrambler, I've got over 18000 miles on it now, just about happy with it, my last blog post has a nice pic of it. My T4 camper is on going, round 1 is done but there's plenty more tin worm to fix, it is VW after all.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts