one of the more interesting characters i met at the race retro show was a bloke who made tiny models of famous racer's, the majority were grand prix racing cars, but, what caught my eye were the two bike racing models, over a hundred parts in each model, mike hailwood on the work's honda four racer and chris vincent and his passenger on the racing sidecar outfit, my photo's don't really do the models justice, i had to use the macro setting to take them, but what's really impressive is that they are both one inch long, check that measurement out on a ruler, what i couldn't get my head around was the that the guy had studied the genuine hailwood racer at the show and noted that he hadn't put the silver pin stripe on the fuel tank and that the racer's top yoke was black not natural aluminium like on the real bike, he told me he couldn't wait to get home and add the detail, fuck me, i thought i was a bit obsessive until i met him.......

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts