another perfectly good motorcycle ruined.......

Monday, 31 January 2011


after finding the sprocket cover casting was cracked i decided to leave it to one side and crack on with something else, with the renthal bars mounted in the risers and the levers bolted on it seemed a logical progression to sort out the mounting brackets for the carbon number board that i'm going to run in place of the headlight, i found a piece of 10mm aluminium stock, faced it up and drilled and tapped it to 8mm, i sorted a couple of 40mm stainless bolts out and cut the hexagon heads off then died them down to clean up the threads to make a couple of studs, dangerous had spot faced the top and bottom yokes previously and i had tapped them to suit, dab of loctite and tightened them in, job's a good 'un.

No comments:

Post a Comment