this is my bokken, bok[u] = wood, ken=sword, it's made from japanese red oak, close grain wood, very, very hard, not quite a suburito which are a lot heavier and are usually used for practicing solo cutting kata, this is my tachi that i have used for kenjutsu [the art of sword] many times in the dojo, i have been on the receiving end of one of these a few times, fingernails smashed off, broken ribs and concussion to mention a few of the more memorable injuries, i almost severed one of my brown belts ears off [sorry julian] and we got banned from belper sports centre for leaving blood on the wall in one of the squash courts, [long story], the japanese masters used the bokken to devastating effect even against the traditional brittle bladed swords, someone keyed both of my cars last night, they left multiple scratches on both vehicles, both cars were parked on my drive, luckily for them i didn't hear them as they made their drunken way home from the village fete, unlucky for them they didn't notice the cctv recording them in the act and i know where they live.............

Comments

  1. Why do "people" do that?, lets hope they get whats coming to 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for that jan, not really bothered about cars, [unless they are hotrods], to me they are for getting the shopping or parts carriers, my car is a 1 litre, 'w' reg vw polo, nothing flash, but it is mine and the fact that these morons came onto my driveway and damaged my property is out of order, they have not thought about their actions and the effect and inconvenience they have caused to my family, but, i am a big believer in karma and what goes around comes around, one day soon karma will be knocking on their front door!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts